My Vegan Banana Cacao PB Milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard… (okay,thats a riff off a song but if you don’t know it than I just made a fool out of myself. But that’s cool, I can be a fool because I’m at least a happy fool now that this chocolatey babe is in my belly). 🙂
This milkshake is super similar to my cacao almond butter superfood smoothie bowl but with a peanut buttery vibe. Technically it can and should serve 4 but the bigger minion and I are kind of chocolate fiends so this served 2.
This does have a lot of natural sugar in it (bananas and dates and coconut milk) BUT its still better than that icky processed refined nonsense and indulging every once in awhile is what life is about.
Feel free to sub out the coconut milk for any other plant based milk BUT DO make sure you use cacao versus cocoa because well, its just better for you (a superfood, in fact!).
Enjoy this one…
its kinda amazing!
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 can of chilled full fat coconut milk (about 1 cup) (remove 2 tbs of thick cream on top)*
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 dates, pitted
- 2 tbs cacao powder
- 1 tbs raw organic unsalted peanuts
- 2 tbs organic peanut butter (try and use one without any added sugar)
- Optional: 1 tbs maca root
- coconut cream (whipped)
- crushed peanuts
- cacao nibs
- In a high speed blender, combine all ingredients until ultra thick.
- Divide into cups, top and serve!
- Using frozen bananas is key as is CHILLED coconut milk.
- If substituting coconut milk for another plant based milk make sure it is cold!