I LOVE Avocados. Like really, passionately obsess over them. Maybe its a Cali girl thing or maybe its just because avocados are truly the most amazing fruit ever. (Also, when people say they don’t like them, I honestly question whether we can be friends… just saying’).
One of my favorite ways to eat pasta in the warmer months is by making an avocado pesto to go with. Its sinfully creamy and so rich in healthy fat.
For this recipe, I chose to use raw zucchini noodles that I quickly spiralized for the base. Zucchini is one of those squashes that people question its nutritional value but I’m here to tell you, those lil’ babes are supes good for you. Rich in potassium, folate and maganese, zucchinis are loaded with vitamins and minerals. They are also full of free-radical fighting antioxidants like Vitamin C and promote male sexual health. (Little bit of trivia) 😉 You can quickly blanch the noodles if you don’t want to eat raw but I adore these babes prepared this way. Plus, it takes literal seconds to make.
I also use pepitas or pumpkin seeds in this recipe as they are wonderful sources of plant based protein, omega 3 and zinc.
I have to go now. Because I need to eat the rest of the pesto out of the mixing bowl. Literally, its that good. No shame.
- 2 Zucchinis, spiralized
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup toasted pepita seeds
- 1 tbs nutritional yeast
- 3 tbs lemon juice, plus zest
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup good organic olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine all ingredients EXCEPT the Zucchini noodles and blitz.
- Taste for seasonings.
- Gently toss the Zoodles with the pesto, drizzling a bit more oil if needed.
- Season, sprinkle with zest, a bit more nutritional yeast if desired and more pepitas.
- Can serve 2 as a main or 4 as a light lunch.