I LOVE making Bunny Bites… essentially these are little balls of sweetness and I make them all the time (see my cookie dough bites), with different ingredients. They are a perfect bite-sized go-to sweet for the kiddies or when I am in need of a craving fix.
These are my spin on a healthier, gluten and nut free carrot cake bite. My little minion adores these bites (except he prefers the ones not rolled in coconut). Using raw carrots enhances the nutritional density and choosing quality organic ingredients ensures that you are getting the most taste and impact with each bite. The best part of this recipe is that it takes seconds to make and just a bit of chill time. Keep these in a glass jar in the freezer and you can enjoy at will!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots (approximately 4 large carrots)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Tsb maca root (optional)
- shredded unsweetened coconut (optional for topping)
- In the bowl of a food processor, blitz everything together.
- Chill mix in the fridge for an hour rot firm up, then roll into bite sized balls.
- Keep in fridge or freezer and enjoy as needed!
- You can totally sub any nut butter or seed butter for this recipe if you choose and even roll or drizzle in chocolate after. 🙂