I love Juicing. If you follow my Instagram, then you know how much I post about green juice and beet juice… I can’t get enough. A lot of my clients are intimidated by juicing. Yes, it is very labor intensive. However, the nutritional benefits alone outweigh any inconvenience the prep may involve. Also, you can make fresh juice and have it keep for up to 3 days.
One of my favorite (maybe even “signature”) blends is this “orange” juice blend. LOADED with Vitamin A in the form of beta carotene and Vitamin C, this is a super charged immunity boosting juice!
Carrots are a Bunny’s favorite food and for good reason! Carrots are packed full of beta carotene (Vitamin A), fiber, and Vitamin C which helps activate your body’s production of white blood cells. They are associated with lowering blood pressure and cholesterol, improving cognitive and vision functions and improve cellular function.
In addition to sharing many of the same nutritional benefits as carrots, Sweet Potatoes are also a great source of potassium and Vitamin B6!
The addition of a golden beet is optional but I add as beets help to detoxify the liver and build blood.
Throwing in some turmeric root and ginger just enhances this antioxidant rich juice and really boosts the immunity enhancing properties!
- 3 oranges, piths and peels removed, quartered
- 3-4 organic carrots, scrubbed
- 1 medium sized organic sweet potato (or 2 small ones), scrubbed well, quartered
- 1 small organic golden beet (optional), scrubbed well and quartered
- 1" knob of turmeric root (or 1 tsp of turmeric powder)
- 1" knob of fresh ginger root
- few sprigs of mint leaves (optional)
- few sprigs of cilantro leaves (optional)
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon (optional)
- Place the orange, carrots, sweet potato, beet, if using, turmeric root, ginger root and herbs (if using) in your juicer.
- Once the juice is extracted, stir in the optional cayenne pinch and cinnamon.